[Lazarus] Online Package Manager errors ?

Balázs Székely getmem1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 20:08:17 CEST 2020

@Michael

> Or is there a reason for having the 2 lists separate ?

Other then visually separate files from folders there is no reason.

One list of names/masks should suffice, don't you think ?

Yes I agree, it can be done with a single list. I add it to my "to do list"
:)

@silvioprog
I updated Brook framework, by default win32/win64 and gtk2 are the
supported widget sets. If your package works on other platform too, like:
qt5, gtk3, cocoa, please let me know so I can update in OPM.

I have a naive suggestion for OPM. Some components depends on external
> libraries/binaries (libffi, openssl, libsagui etc.), so it would be nice
> any field like "Libraries", or "Dependencies", or even "External files"
> inside the "Package info", providing previous information that the package
> needs external libraries/files to work properly. (sorry if it is already
> implemented, I'm using Lazarus 2.0.6)

Thanks for the suggestion. In my opinion the external libraries should be
shipped with the package(if possible). Adding a new entry in the package
tree it's not a problem, it can be done in 15-20 minutes, however the list
already has a "Christmas tree" feeling to it. Any extra info should be
added to the "package description"  or "community description" entries,
which can be opened in a separate form.