[Lazarus] Lazarus not working on Fedora 32 beta

C Western l at c-m-w.me.uk
Sat Apr 25 12:27:44 CEST 2020

I have recently upgraded to Fedora 32 beta (though I think the packages
are pretty close to their final versions). The Lazarus IDE misbehaves -
in the editor all characters entered are doubled up. It is specific to
the editor window - other dialog boxes and my applications work fine. A
little debugging indicated that the UTF8KeyPress handler (used by
SynEdit) is being invoked twice, though I don't entirely understand the
logic used. This is with Lazarus trunk, though the same issue manifested
with the Lazarus included in the Fedora repositories, so I suspect a
recent update to glib2, or a related library.

Is anyone else seeing this, or have I been particularly ingenious in
miss-configuring my system?

Colin