[Lazarus] LazSerial from OLPM, is it working on Linux?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 10:39:03 CEST 2020

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 23:23:27 +0200, Bo Berglund via lazarus

>The rates above the first error are defined in termios.inc in the compiler rtl sources.
>
>So now I wonder if this is a problem with my installation or if it is not possible to run LazSerial on this platform?
>
>Or is there a problem with LazSerial in connection with the release version 3.0.4 of FPC?

UPDATE:
While this list (or GMANE) was down I have investigated the problem
using the Lazarus Forum instead.

Cause of problem:
lazsynaser.pas included in the LazSerial package was not set up to
handle the ARM cpu used in Raspberry Pi. So some conditionals needed
to be added for that cpu and then the package installed without
errors.

Solution:
With help from the forum I modified the unit and then I also supplied
the updated LazSerial package to the OPM maintainer, who updated the
package on line.
So now the install from OPM works fine also on a Raspberry PI!

Case closed.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden