[Lazarus] TextHint in TComboBox

Vojtěch Čihák vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz
Thu Aug 13 17:56:39 CEST 2020

Hi,

something went wrong. When I open IDE Options or Project Options and I click on any item of TreeView, everything disappear. Content of the filter become "(filter)". When I change it (i.e. non-empty string), content is back.
And many of the content is italic.

Lazarus 2.1.0 r63731M FPC 3.3.1 x86_64-linux-qt

Vojtěch a.k.a. Blaazen
> Datum: 13.08.2020 14:10
> Předmět: [Lazarus] TextHint in TComboBox

Regarding issue :
 https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=30682 <https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=30682>

 I added TextHint to TComboBox in r63731. QT5 now works with native
 TextHint, GTK2 with emulated one.
 Native support for Win32 is not implemented yet. Somebody please implement it.
 Other widgetsets that natively support this feature for TComboBox,
 should also be updated.

 I have a question about TextHint support of TEdit in Win32. The
 widgetset binding code tests EmulatedTextHintShowing and calls
 CreateEmulatedTextHintFont from generic LCL code.
 Does it mean it actually emulates the feature inside the binding code
 instead of using a native feature?
 It should not be needed as the emulated TextHint works purely in LCL code level.
 Same thing with QT4 binding code. It also uses emulated TextHint
 specific stuff. Is it needed?

 TextHint in TMemo works only with widgetset's native support. It works
 with QT5 but not with GTK2.
 The emulation for TMemo turned out to be tricky. It may never be
 implemented, unless somebody provides a patch of course.

 Regards,
 Juha