[Lazarus] Lazarus IDE text display

C Western l at c-m-w.me.uk
Sun Aug 16 20:20:31 CEST 2020

On 16/08/2020 18:27, Alexey Tor. via lazarus wrote:
> On 16.08.2020 19:24, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:
>> And how does a this text look?
>> MMM@@@WWW
>
> In Pascal syntax, it is 3 tokens; all 3 tokens are clipped on right
> side (with non monospaced font).

Doing some more tests (with Cocoa) with different fonts:

with "default" as the font - the result looks odd. I thought this was
supposed to work for all platforms, but looking at my Linux (gtk2) setup
this also looks odd if "default" is used. Testing with MMM@@@WWW this
seems to be an issue with the specific font chosen.

with "Menlo" as the font it looks fine

with "Monaco" as the font the spacing is OK, but bold face is lost.

Ideally "default" for the IDE font would give a sensible monospace font
for each platform, but this may be more trouble than is is worth.

Colin