[Lazarus] Lazarus on Raspberry Pi
bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 08:15:44 CEST 2020
On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 21:04:36 +1000, John via lazarus
<lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>I recently dipped my toe into Raspberry Pi, and successfully built
>FPC (3.0.4) / Laz (2.0.8) using the instructions here:
That is NOT an instruction on how to install Fpc/Lazarus on a
Rather it is an instruction on how to build an installation package
for the same platform. Used in order to *distribute* Fpc/Lazarus to
other users mainly.
Big difference and much more work than needed....
If you want to install Fpc/Lazarus in order to use it yourself and
update them going forward then the much simpler way to go is to:
- Check out sources from svn (also done in the instructions)
- Install the build essentials and dependencies via apt
- Get the seed compiler (needed only once on any given system)
- Use the make command in the source dirs to build
- Use the make command in the source dirs to install in your system
- Create the desktop entry for starting Lazarus
All of this can be done in a fairly small script which gives you an
upgradable installation based on svn updates.
Developer in Sweden
More information about the lazarus