[Lazarus] Installing custom control in Lazarus - where can I find it?

Werner Pamler werner.pamler at freenet.de
Thu Aug 27 23:27:27 CEST 2020

Am 27.08.2020 um 22:51 schrieb Bo Berglund via lazarus:
> Now the strangest thing is that in this process Lazarus has completely
> mangled the EasyListView.pas source file so it now only has this
> content wheras the original was 27 kbytes....:

I guess the component code is in unit EasyListView.pas and the package
is named EasyListview.lpk. This is bad because installation creates the
"package unit" with the same name as the package file, i.e. it
overwrites your component unit.

Remedy: give the package a different, more "package-like" name, e.g.
EasyListViewPkg, or LazEasyListView (also to distinguish from any Delphy
package). Carefully check the contents of the new LazEasyListView.lpk
file to make sure that the old package name is not mentioned any more
(or recreate the package from the start - this is not difficult and
almost no work).

IIRC, I had tried to convert this component some time ago, too, and
found it very difficult. Well, maybe because my intention was to make it
cross-platform.