[Lazarus] Using Chrome API in Lazarus - possible on Linux?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 09:34:00 CET 2020

I have been looking for ways to create a video downloader for myself
using FPC/Lazarus. I already created a video editor using PasLibVlc
and ffmpeg and it works pretty well for what I want to do. It needs
VLC to be installed in order to show videos and adjust playback speed
and audio sync etc.

I also would like to make a video downloader with functions not found
in programs like for example youtube-dl, specifically being able to
download from a streaming site starting from past times.

But it clearly should be possible since the browsers (both Chrome and
Firefox) have the ability of moving backwards inside the stream and
view stuff that was played say a couple of hours ago.

Now I have seen a project on-line which uses C# and apparently the
Chrome API (since it is a requirement to have Chrome installed).
But the author has not published any sources so I cannot see *how* it
is being done...
And I cannot use that product because I need the downloader to be
running on Linux.

Is there someone here who has used the Chrome API with Lazarus for
anything video related and is willing to share?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden