[Lazarus] Getting sourceline from stacktrace address

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Mon Dec 21 22:57:22 CET 2020

On 21/12/2020 21:33, Pascal Riekenberg via lazarus wrote:
>> The resolved lines from the heaptrc should also jump to source.
> Yes, works like a charm ;-)
>
> What about resolving to exe of current project instead of searching
> for exe manualy, at least as option?

Its an idea, yes.

The original use case was for dealing with traces from releases.
- build your release (with ability to log traces to a file) with debug line
- take a copy
- strip the release / ship it
Now if anyone got an error in the release, they could send the logfile,
and you could use the addresses, to get full source info.

But it then also became useful, because the build in trace dump would
sometimes stop resolving (if it encountered just ONE address that did
not resolve).
So for that, the current exe is an option.

Important is, that the exe was not rebuild since the trace was done. =>
New build => new address to line mapping (at least potentially).

You can make a feature request. But it will be a while before I can even
look at it.