[Lazarus] Losing desktop when restarting Lazarus - where are desktop settings saved?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 00:11:45 CET 2020

Now it happened again!
I closed Lazarus on a Raspberry Pi4 accessed via VNC. Then I started
it again and now only the code editor window appears, all other
windows for my desktop have disappeared!!! :(

Question:
---------
In which file is the desktop settings saved?
I need to restore that file so I don't have to frequently start over
with a botched Lazarus desktop and reconfigure it as I like.

Note that the editor settings seem OK, at least by my custom color
scheme, which is present in the single window that now appears.

I did copy all of the *files* in ~/.lazarus_2.0.8 into archive
settings_20201221.tgz in a backup subdirectory on Dec 21, but I do not
know in which file Lazarus stores the desktop settings so I can
restore that file.

At the time I had saved the custom desktop by a name but that is no
longer available when I look at "Tools/Desktops.../Manage Desktops".

Lazarus 2.0.8 / Fpc 3.0.4 on Raspberry Pi4 (4GB RAM)

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden