[Lazarus] Debugging the rtl/fcl - segfault in sdfdataset

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Wed Jul 15 17:20:36 CEST 2020

Hello,

something broke in sdfdataset with fpc 3.2.0 (a segfault that doesn't
occur if I compile the same program with fpc 3.0.4) and I'm trying to
debug it.

First I tried to compile just the fcl with debug information

cd fpc-3.2.0/packages
OPT=-gl make
sudo make install

but lazarus then complained that it couldn't find the DB unit (?), so I
recompiled everything:

cd fpc-3.2.0
make distclean
OPT=-gl make all
sudo make install

but even so I'm missing some debug info. This is what I see in the call
stack windows when I put a breakpoint on TFixedFormatDataSet.GetRecord
(file fpc-3.2.0/packages/fcl-db/src/sdf/sdfdata.pp)

#0 GETRECORD(0x7fffe3949370, 0x0, GMNEXT, false) at
fcl-db/src/sdf/sdfdata.pp:546
#1 ?? at :0
#2 ?? at :0
#3 ?? at :0
#4 ?? at :0
#5 ?? at :0
#6 ?? at :0

that's with "copy all", the content of the call stack window is
different, i.e. (only the index, location and line columns for brevity)

0 sdfdata.pp (fcl-db/src/sdf/)  546
1 :7FFFFFFFDF58
2 :7FFFFFFFE0A0
3 :00000001
4 :7FFFE3949370
5 :7FFFFFFFE129
6 :00000000

Any hint?

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007