[Lazarus] Why can Lazarus not find a file in the source dir?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 22:17:03 CEST 2020

I just copied over a project I have been working on in Windows using
Lazarus 2.0.8/FPC 3.0.4.
The "copy" was done through Subversion (commit in Windows, update in
Linux).

On Windows the project builds OK (but with incomplete code so it will
not yet work).
On Linux I get this error:

SSRemoteServerLx.lpr(36,3) Fatal: Cannot find class_SSremoteServer
used by SSRemoteServerLx of the Project Inspector.

SSRemoteServerLx is the project name and the lpr file name.

And the file class_SSremoteServer.pas opens just fine in the code
editor and it is located in the project source dir together with all
the other project files...

Why does Lazarus on Linux complain like this?
Note:
I started the project on Linux, then checked it in to SVN and out to
Windows, where I have spent a week on it. Now committed the changes
and went back to Linux only to find this strange error...

Since the file IS available in the source dir and since the Lazarus
code editor can find it I fail to understand why Lazarus complains
when I try to test build the code.

Can someone please suggest where to look for a solution?

Can case be involved in the file names vs. uses clauses?
I was under the assumption that Pascal/FPC/Lazarus are
case-insensitive...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden