[Lazarus] Why can Lazarus not find a file in the source dir?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 00:00:30 CEST 2020

On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 22:32:25 +0200, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus

>On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 22:17:03 +0200
>Bo Berglund via lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>>[...]
>> Can case be involved in the file names vs. uses clauses?
>> I was under the assumption that Pascal/FPC/Lazarus are
>> case-insensitive...
>
>No, fpc searches on Linux mixed case, lower case, upper case.

Do you mean that fpc treats class_SSremoteServer and
class_SSRemoteServer as different units?
Or do you mean it treats them as the same unit?

>Compile with -vt to find out what files fpc searches and finds.

It turns out that the problem was a case error after all. The message
was:

SSRemoteServerLx.lpr(36,3) Fatal: Cannot find class_SSremoteServer
used by SSRemoteServerLx of the Project Inspector.

And the actual file on disk was named class_SSRemoteServer.pas

After I changed he identifier in the uses clause from
class_SSremoteServer
class_SSRemoteServer

then Lazarus moved on to the next such typo which I could fix in the
same way...

So it looks like it is case sensitive on Linux...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden