[Lazarus] Where can I switch OFF automatic copy in code editor?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 22:27:03 CEST 2020

I try to enter ifdef/endif blocks into my code and so I have this
copied to the clipboard:

{$IFDEF USE_ANALYZER}
{$ENDIF}

When I get to a block I want to condition I put the cursor at the
beginning of the block and paste these lines.
Then I select the second line I pasted and drag it to the end of the
block so it covers the whole block.

Next I find the subsequent block to treat and I place the cursor at
the start and make a Ctrl-V to paste.
But now only the line
{$ENDIF}
is pasted!

I could not understand this until in one place I did the opposite,
after pasting the two lines at the start of the block I selected the
block and dragged it to the start of the second pasted line.
When I then went to the next location in the code and pasted the
clipboard then the last block I moved into the ifdef section was
pasted!!!!!!!!!

So apparently the IDE is copying whatever I select and replaces what I
have myself put into the clipboard!

Where can I switch this strange behaviour OFF!
I am using Lazarus 2.0.8 with FPC 3.0.4 on Raspbian Linux.

And I rearrange the code frequently by using mouse moves (dragging).

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden