[Lazarus] Where can I switch OFF automatic copy in code editor?

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Mon Jul 20 13:26:08 CEST 2020

On 20/07/2020 06:56, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 22:48:58 +0200, Martin Frb via lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>> On 19/07/2020 22:27, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:
>>> I am using Lazarus 2.0.8 with FPC 3.0.4 on Raspbian Linux.
>
>> If you use trunk, you can move lines (or selected lines, or even random
>> selection) up and down via keyboard.
>>
>>    ecMoveLineUp:          VK_UP,[XCtrl, ssShift, ssAlt]);  // or
>> selected lines
>>    ecMoveLineDown:     VK_DOWN,[XCtrl, ssShift, ssAlt]); // or selected
> I cannot find any of this in the Lazarus Tools/Options tree...
> Are you referring to the source code of Lazarus itself?
The above is from the source, but it shows the default keys.
In Tools Options, under Keymap, they are in "Text Editing commands" >
"Move line down" etc

Again: Trunk only. Not avail in 2.0.x

> But I made a test now and just selecting text does not put it into the
> clipboard.
Good.

> But when a line that is selected inside the code editor is moved using
> the mouse, then it replaces whatever is in Clipboard.
Strange. Not indented.

> I have no clue about any secondary clipboard, I use Notepad++ on my
> Windows laptop and that is where I copied the two lines.
That is a Linux thing.
Try this (in a terminal)

- Select and Copy some text (ctrl-v, or context menu copy)
- Select other text
- Middle click => inserts the other text
- Paste (context menu) insert the original text

> Then inside the RaspberryPi VNC
Do you use a shared clipboard, or other VNC clipboard functionality?
Maybe vnc is messing around.

If vnc is pulling either or both clipboards....
What happens to the clipboard, if you select text, and do nothing for a
minute?

What happens to the clipboard, if you select text in a terminal (on the
rpi) and middle click it?