[Lazarus] How many timers available on Linux (Raspberry Pi)?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 13:11:01 CEST 2020

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 12:34:34 +0200 (CEST), Michael Van Canneyt via
lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>> Then while chasing a strange error concerning wsmenus I changed from
>> what it was in the beginning to nogui.
>
>It means you have somewhere a reference to a LCL/VCL unit.
>
>Probably your use of TTimer caused this.

No, it was caused by package LazSerial...
It brings in a number of units I would not use in any console app like
this:

SysUtils, lazsynaser,  LResources, Forms, Controls, Graphics, Dialogs;

The "solution" (after googling a lot) was to add "interfaces" just
before lazserial in the uses clause of the unit that handles the
serial comm stuff:

  {$IFDEF FPC}
    interfaces, //Needed for LazSerial to work in a Console program
    LazSerial,
  {$ELSE} //Delphi

Then these linker only errors went away (compile phase worked just
fine before I did this).

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden