[Lazarus] call stack

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Thu Jun 18 11:42:52 CEST 2020

El 18/6/20 a les 10:52, Евгений Кадисов via lazarus ha escrit:
> Hi everybody.
> In what cases can be such a situation. The call stack is full of strange
> stuff and does not contain any string of the debugged code.

That's because it's either an external library or some pascal code with
no debug information (i.e. the freepascal rtl/fcl is distributed without
debug information).
In the latter case you'll have to rebuild the rtl/fcl with debug
information (I defer to the experts on how to do this, every time I have
to search duckduckgo/google to see how to do it), if the former and
you're using linux, you'll have to install the debug/dbgsym packages of
the libraries as well as the sources (again, duckduckgo/google is your
friend).
I noticed that lazarus has some limited support to step through C code,
that's nice when you're struggling to see why an external library is
failing.

It could also be that the code has debug information but in a different
format that your application.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007