[Lazarus] Switching Lazarus between fpc 3.2.0 and 3.0.4 - how to?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Jun 21 15:09:59 CEST 2020

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 12:10:20 +0200
Bo Berglund via lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>[...]
> Since Lazarus recompiles itself when one installs a new package, how
> can I deal with that?

The IDE uses the default fpc, set in Tools / Options / Environment /
Files.
Every project can use its own compiler.
When you install a package, the default compiler is used.

> The compiler executable was set in Lazarus to "fpc" i.e. no path at
> all.

Then it is searched via PATH.

> I changed it to /home/pi/dev/fpc/3.2.0/compiler/ppcarm

The 'compiler' folder looks like the FPC source directory.

When you install fpc, the path should be something like
/installbasedir/lib/fpc/3.2.0/ppcarm

> Is this the correct way to do it?
>
> Lazarus help/about still says FPC is version 3.0.4 (I guess it knows
> which version compiled it)..

Yes.

> Is there a way I can verify if the settings are modified correctly and
> the new fpc is in use for this Lazarus invocation?

View / IDE Internals / About FPC

Mattias