[Lazarus] Cannot find inc file from a registered package...

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Jun 24 10:24:04 CEST 2020

On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 10:11:47 +0200
Bo Berglund via lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>[...]
> >> How can I see what paths are part of the indylaz package?

Open its package editor.
Click Options
Click Show Options

Are you sure indylaz from online package manager is broken?

>[...]
> Will that then have to be modified if I move the project to a Linux
> box but with the same fpc/lazarus versions?

If the package is really broken, that you have to fix it, then you have
to apply the fix on another machine as well. Or copy the fixed package
to the new machine.

> It seems like the system should keep track of which package is in use,
> maybe by utilizing an environment variable like $INDY10 or $INDYLAZ.
> Then one could enter a path in the project options/compiler/paths
> using that env var?

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve.
It is enough to open the indylaz lpk once. The IDE then remembers the
location.
Or execute once at command line:
/path/of/your/lazbuild --add-package-link=/path/to/indylaz.lpk

Mattias