[Lazarus] Cannot find inc file from a registered package...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 10:27:58 CEST 2020

On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 10:11:47 +0200, Bo Berglund via lazarus

>Concerning the command in question I really do not understand why it
>is there in the first place, so I commented it out and then the
>"Run/Quick Compile" continued and stopped at another point further
>on...
>
>I checked back as far as I could get and found it still in sources
>from 2013. But we have switched from CVS to Subversion in the meantime
>and I cannot get any history further back. The file I found from 2013
>was at CVS rev 1.78 so there had been a lot of work done on that file.
>
>Would have been intersting to find out when and why it was added...

****UPDATE****
I found a WinCVS changelog file among the old sources where I can
trace back to earlier times...
Turns out that this include file is there in order to handle the use
of Indy10 when Indy9 was still what Delphi7 used...

2007-03-30	Bosse
	* Classes/class_SSRemoteServer.pas 1.47:
	* Server/FormSSRemoteConfig.pas 1.8:
		Added conditionals for Indy10 support while leaving Indy9
		original in place.

It was included in these two source files and the
FormSSRemoteConfig.pas is excluded from the porting to linux anyway...

I will just remove it and move on.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden