[Lazarus] IDE trunk cannot build on fpc 3.0.2

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Thu Mar 19 09:11:06 CET 2020

On 27.02.2020 10:03, Juha Manninen via lazarus wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 7:59 AM Michael Thompson via lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org <mailto:lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>>
> wrote:
>
>     >> On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 8:05 PM AlexeyT wrote
>     >> pkgmanager.pas(77,78) Error (5000) Id not found TObjectArray$2
>
>     I'm hitting this error on Windows.  fpc 3.0.4
>

> I built Lazarus with with FPC 3.0.4. It works with 100% certainty.
>
>     No idea.  Warning - the following does not contain known facts!
>     Wildly guessing (honestly) that for 3.0.4 the code in fgl only
>     accepts types and you compiled with 3.1 which may have improved
>     support for classes? Dunno.
>

> A class is also a type. Generics have worked with classes from the
> beginning.

Well, generics may cause an internal error on a simple compile. A clean
rebuild is needed to compile even after a small change.

This happens a lot for me now. Sometimes in the changes from r62639,
sometimes in different code. If I work on the source of the Lazarus IDE
and I recompile it, I get an internal error. Then I have to rebuild
Lazarus IDE clean, which takes a lot of time.

It is really frustrating when this happens every 10 minutes :/ I really
don't see a point to change working code to generics.

Ondrej