[Lazarus] Gtk2 Linux detect user logoff?

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 08:30:41 CET 2020

Does anyone here know how to detect user log off and gracefully terminate
under Gtk2 Linux? I have an app which uses some temporary files (in /tmp)
and I want to ensure those files are deleted when the user logs off. The
application query/end session events don't seem to be connected when using
the Gtk2 widgetset.

>From this stack overflow answer it would seem there is a 'save-yourself'
sinal to notify you when the user logs off, but I don't know what the LCL
value of client might be. Could it be application handle? Is there a better
way to detect user log off on Gtk2?

https://stackoverflow.com/a/2519829/269630