[Lazarus] Close all menu item ?

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 19:39:32 CET 2020

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 2:35 PM Marco van de Voort via lazarus <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> Personally I hate the mandatory open project (or else the modal
> options). E.g. you want to open a .lpk and you have to create a project
> first to open the menu item.

Not really because a project is always opened automatically when you start
Lazarus.
It's either the previously used project or a new empty project.
The new empty project behaves almost like "no project" because you don't
have to save it.
IIRC the "Close Project" entry was added after a user request, but it is
rather useless. You cannot do much anything when projects are closed.
Everything is disabled then.
I also remember the initial confusion because of this feature but now it
feels very functional.
A project never needs to be closed explicitly, it gets closed when another
project is opened or when the whole IDE is closed.

Juha