[Lazarus] RFC: Selection Editors to extend handling of object inspector selections

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 31 14:21:35 CEST 2020

Juha Manninen via lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> schrieb am Di.,
31. März 2020, 13:40:

> On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 11:26 PM Sven Barth via lazarus <
> lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>> I've got a RFC for a feature that allows to extend the IDE. It's based
>> on something that Delphi supports as well: Selection Editors.
>>

> I finally took a proper look at this. First remark without testing is that
> unit SelEdits should be in LCL instead of IdeIntf.
> It says
>  Abstract:
>    This unit contains selection editors for various LCL components.
>
> Thus it is not needed by external IDE plugin packages which use IdeIntf.
> I will test the patches later.

Thank you for taking a first look.

The problem is that selection editors derive from TBaseSelectionEditor
which in turn depends on IdeIntf functionality.

Also they are only really required inside the IDE (for third party
components they'd be part of a design time package), not during runtime of
the application.

In that sense they are similar to component editors which are in IdeIntf as
well (e.g. TFlowPanelComponentEditor in unit ComponentEditors).

Regards,
Sven