[Lazarus] TComboBox.ReadOnly

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Sat May 2 10:37:15 CEST 2020

On 02.05.2020 09:00, Juha Manninen via lazarus wrote:
> On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 9:09 AM Ondrej Pokorny via lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org <mailto:lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>>
> wrote:
>
>     From what I can see the ReadOnly property is still published. I would
>     remove it completely, there is no reason to have it anymore if it was
>     deprecated for 3 years. Not even in the public section. (Again, even
>     with ReadOnly=True you can still change the value with the drop down.)
>

> No, the published property is gone. You must rebuild the IDE before it
> disappears from OI.
> There is a public TCustomComboBox.ReadOnly

Yes, sorry - you are right. I missed that. I would just remove it.

> This works in Lazarus as well:
>
>     procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
>     begin
>        // make combobox read-only (make sure ComboBox1.Style=csDropDown)
>        SendMessage(GetWindow(ComboBox1.Handle, GW_CHILD), EM_SETREADONLY,
>     Ord(True), 0);
>     end;
>

> Works only with LCL-Win32.

That's obvious :) I wanted to stress that we never had a ReadOnly
property Jamie wanted so there was nothing to be re-enabled. Also,
Delphi never had it so he was wrong about "I understand latest Delphi
eliminated it [ReadOnly property]".

Ondrej