[Lazarus] Can't build fpc trunk x64 win32/64

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun May 3 18:23:21 CEST 2020

Am 03.05.2020 um 00:53 schrieb leyba bronstain:
> 03.05.2020 0:05, Sven Barth пишет:
>> Would you please provide a directory listing (using "dir" should be
>> enough) of the fpc_stable_x32\bin\i386-win32 and
>> fpc_stable_x64\bin\x86_64-win64 directories? I have the feeling that
>> something in there leads to this difference as that is the only thing
>> you add to PATH.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sven
>
> Do I understand correctly that the ppcx64 files and other files of the
> stable release of the x64 compiler are built from the stable release
> of the x32 compiler and other utilities of the binw64 folder?
>
> Maybe you will tell me the right way, how can I build stable binutils
> x64 using stable binutils x32?

FPC only provides a 32-bit -> 64-bit cross compiler as installer and
that is indeed made using the 32-bit compiler. Lazarus however ships
with a native 64-bit compiler.

I don't know how you created your fpc_stable_x64\bin\x86_64-win64
directory, but maybe that some utilities have different versions than
the ones in the fpc_stable_x32\bin\i386-win32 directory might explain
the problems you experience.

Regards,
Sven