[Lazarus] Keyboard mapping probelm

Brian b_lists at patandbrian.org
Thu May 7 00:33:18 CEST 2020

On 5/6/20 5:36 PM, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:
> On Wed, 6 May 2020 07:48:37 -0400, Brian via lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>> Just some additional information here. I have a copy of the latest
>> Debian-based version of Linux Mint running in a virtual machine (my
>> main system is the Ubuntu-based Mint) so I installed Lazarus and FPC
>>from the Debian repositories. This gave me FPC 3.0.4 and Lazarus
>> 2.0.0,
>
> Just a suggestion:
> Get the FPC and Lazarus sources from Subversion (using a releqase tags
> for both).

That is what I believe fpcupdeluxe does. I used it to install from
trunk, both fpc and lazarus. The software built correctly, and
fpcupdeluxe is stated to use its own target directories (which seems
to be the case) but I still saw the problem.

> I do that all the time on my machines. I have created a script for
> Raspbian and another for Linux (Ubuntu/Debian).
> It works well every time, for example just last week I installed on
> two notebooks which had Ubuntu 18.04 LTS installed with the Mate
> desktop.
> I have never seen this problem on either Raspbian or Mate installs.
> Now on FPC 3.0.4 and Lazarus 2.0.8 (64 bit both)

Well, I've seen it regularly on this machine, and what puzzles me is
that I have never played around with the keyboard mapping nor even
defined a macro, which has been suggested as the likely cause.

I tried downloading Lazarus 2.0.0 from SourceForge, and regressing to
that, but it still showed the problem.

However, experiment does show that I can do an install into a new
virtual machine and not see the problem, so I agree with wkitty that
it looks like a configuration problem, irrespective of the fact that I
have never used those features he mentions. What I intend to do is to
run some searches of my entire tree, looking for anything with lazar
or fp in the name. Once I've got that information, I'll work through
the lists and delete anything that looks fpc or lazarus related. Then
I'll try fpcupdeluxe with another copy of trunk, and see whether it
fixes the problem. It will take some time.

Brian.