[Lazarus] Help! Lazarus compile fails.

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Thu May 7 09:39:20 CEST 2020

Hi folks,

I've been stuck for a long time to lazarus 1.8 in order to maintain
installed applications. Now, before starting a new development I tried
to upgrade to 2.0.8 but lazarus rebuild to install my custom packages
fails. Platform is Linux, OS is CentOs 6.

The error reported after the usual warning "did you forget -T" is:

/usr/bin/ld: warning: /home/colla/.lazarus/bin/link.res contains output
sections; did you forget -T?
/usr/bin/ld: BFD version 2.20.51.0.2-5.48.el6_10.1 20100205 internal
error, aborting at reloc.c line 443 in bfd_get_reloc_size

/usr/bin/ld: Please report this bug.

Is it because the ld of my distro is too old and I should upgrade it, or
there is some other reason I fail to see?

Any help is welcome!

--
Do not do to others as you would have them do to you.They might have different tastes.