[Lazarus] Where to define conditionals for FPC

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon May 11 18:19:06 CEST 2020

On Mon, 11 May 2020 11:56:32 +0200, Marco van de Voort via lazarus

>Op 2020-05-11 om 09:33 schreef Bo Berglund via lazarus:
>> and:
>>      <Other>
>>        <CustomOptions Value="-dBorland -dVer150 -dDelphi7
>> -dCompiler6_Up -dPUREPASCAL"/>
>>      </Other>
>
>Versions defines are not portable anyway. Long time ago, I wrote
>something for Jedi about it, which I later upgraded with some general
>Delphi-FPC advise. Though outdated, it might still be a good read:
>
>http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/porting.pdf

Thanks for the document link!
I think this is exactly what I need to put my defines into rather than
inside the IDE menu somewhere. Makes it safer that they are actuially
used by having them inside a single file (that gets included
everywhere).

Was discussed earlier but this reinforces the method, I think.

Is the Lazarus code window taking account of these included defines?

And do I put the include in the beginning of every unit source file
before or after the interface keyword?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden