[Lazarus] Where to define conditionals for FPC

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri May 15 23:54:58 CEST 2020

On Fri, 15 May 2020 21:26:43 +0200, Marc Weustink via lazarus

>On May 14, 2020 10:21:22 AM GMT+02:00, Bo Berglund via lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>>On Tue, 12 May 2020 13:49:08 +0200, Marc Weustink via lazarus
>><lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>>
>>While going through your post I got into this section:

>>>Yes, it is a manual conversion. But in our case not that hard. Most of
>>
>>>the converted projects are windows (network) services.
>>>The difference between a delphi service and a fpc daemon is covered in
>>>BaseServer class / unit. So for services derived from it there is no
>>>different code.
>>
>>Since I am dealing with a Windows Service too I wonder how you do it
>>to get a daemon application in Lazarus?
>>
>>I have installed the package lazdaemon 0.9.9 on advice elsewhere.
>>It is said to be implementing services, but I don't know if it is
>>involved in the Delphi conversion...
>>
> I'll see if I can extract some example snippet. I cannot remember that I used a package.
>
>I didn't use the form based service

Well this application also does not use any forms, but inherently the
TService application creates a data module, which supplies some of the
form functionality, I guess.

I tried in Lazarus by creating a new daemon application and look what
it brings into the project...

But I did not figure out how it works by looking at the code framework
so I guess I have to read up a lot about the way daemons work in
FPC...
In any case there is a sort of form here as well, looks a lot like a
data module.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden