[Lazarus] Icon program cannot be set as favorite in Ubuntu 18.04

shoKwave shokwave at gmx.net
Fri May 22 15:41:58 CEST 2020

Hi,

I don't have a Ubuntu running currently, but I could imagine you run
your binary directly. You should try to create a .desktop file and run
your application that way.

A .desktop file is a simple textfile whitch contains some
metainformation (like a .lnk on Windows) and looks like this.

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Lazarus Installation Manager
Comment=Manage different Lazarusinstallations
Exec=/home/ingo/dev/lim/lim %U
StartupNotify=true
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Icon=/home/ingo/dev/lim/icons/Logo100x100.png
Categories=Development;

On ElementaryOS storing the file in ~/.local/share/applications creates
an entry in the menu and if I run my app that way I can fix it in the dock.

Hope this helps.

Ingo