[Lazarus] Keyboard mapping probelm

Brian b_lists at patandbrian.org
Sat May 30 15:40:40 CEST 2020

On 5/29/20 3:32 PM, Juha Manninen via lazarus wrote:
> On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 5:40 PM Bart via lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>> It is a Lazarus/LCL/WS issue though, since other programs don't have that issue.
>
> Yes, let's hope GTK3 bindings will be better. Now it is alpha but
> already usable for many applications.
> For Brian I recommend using QT5 bindings. It has no problem with keys.
>
> Lazarus trunk from fpcupdeluxe or from SVN directly should behave the
> same. I don't know why the build failed.

Unless you have some reason to believe that the QT5 version of
fpcupdeluxe doesn't build lazarus with QT5 bindings, I have already
tried this idea and still seen the same problem.  Yes, I deleted back
EVERYTHING except for the actual fpcupdeluxe executable - all config
files and the entire target directory - from the GTK2 build. Then I
downloaded the QT5 version of the executable and ran that. Once again,
it built, but I still saw the key mapping etc. problem.

Since I've come this far, though, I guess I'm willing to try building
the lazarus code downloaded via subversion with the QT5 bindings. Is
there a web page, or some other documentation, that leads me though
doing that? I've never previously built the QT5 version except the
attempt to build it via fpcupdeluxe.

Brian.