[Lazarus] Best way to record a displayed video to file?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 10:41:09 CET 2020

On Mon, 2 Nov 2020 02:00:01 -0700 (MST), leledumbo via lazarus

>> What are my options to record a video playing in a web browser to a disk
>file (mp4) for later off-line viewing?
>
>Browser extension, but they can communicate with a native app. Take a look
>at Video DownloadHelper, they have both Chrome extension and a native
>downloader. I haven't checked how the extension communicates with the native
>downloader, though, but I suspect the extension is small enough to be
>examined.

Well, that was my first attempt..
But when I look in the VideoDownloadHelper extension settings I find a
gazillion small parts of the video (ranging from a few to a few tenths
of kb only) so that it is nearly impossible to use.
That is why I am going for a Lazarus/Fpc solution to download the
video.

My video editor uses PasLibVlc to plug into VLC and it works fine for
playing a video in my viewer, even from a website. But it relies on
the URL to contain a file name...
This is not the case mostly.

And I also want to use my new application to record actions within the
window such as mouse arrow movements and selections etc. Basically
making a tutorial using the new application.

It must result in an mp4 complete file (video and audio).

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden