[Lazarus] AutoCommit

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Sat Nov 14 06:56:54 CET 2020

On 13.11.2020 22:37, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Nov 2020, Ondrej Pokorny via lazarus wrote:
>> Usually we try to use the "default" feature of the newly added
>> properties so that they are streamed only when really set and used.
>> When they are not used, the LFM can still be loaded in a legacy
>> version of Lazarus because the new properties are not streamed.
>
> I set defaults on all boolean properties of sqlscript, rev. 47412
>
> Strange, I thought that boolean properties were not streamed if they
> had value 'false'.
The FPC documentation is spot on about the stored/default modifiers:
https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/ref/refsu38.html

Only "/String, floating-point and pointer properties have
implicit////default//value of empty string, 0 or nil, respectively.
Ordinal and set properties have no implicit//default//value./"

I polished the docs section in r1777 a little bit.

Then I saw the next chapter "Overriding properties". It wrongly
described redeclaring of properties as overriding. I fixed that as well
in r1778.

Ondrej