[Lazarus] AutoCommit

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Sat Nov 14 12:24:12 CET 2020

On 14.11.2020 11:26, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Nov 2020, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:
>> Then I saw the next chapter "Overriding properties". It wrongly
>> described redeclaring of properties as overriding. I fixed that as
>> well in r1778.
>
> I think the difference is rather artificial, but if you think this is
> better: great.

You are right. I didn't know one can override also read/write specifiers
(I thought one must redeclare the property in that case):

   TAncestor = class(TComponent)
   private
     fPropName: string;
   published
     property PropName: string read fPropName write fPropName;
   end;
   TOverride = class(TAncestor)
   private
     fPropName2: string;
   published
     property PropName read fPropName2 write fPropName2; // no type
declaration
   end;

But anyway as stated in the Delphi docs
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Sydney/en/Properties_(Delphi)#Property_Overrides_and_Redeclarations
:

/Whether a property is hidden or overridden in a derived class, property
look-up is always static./

So you are right - there is no real difference in property
override/reintroduce like there is override/overload/reintroduce
difference in object methods.

I'll make that more clear in FPC docs.

Ondrej