[Lazarus] AutoCommit

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Nov 14 18:02:27 CET 2020

On Sat, 14 Nov 2020, Sven Barth via lazarus wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> schrieb am
> Fr., 13. Nov. 2020, 22:37:
>

>> On Fri, 13 Nov 2020, Ondrej Pokorny via lazarus wrote:
>>
>>> Usually we try to use the "default" feature of the newly added
>> properties so
>>> that they are streamed only when really set and used. When they are not
>> used,
>>> the LFM can still be loaded in a legacy version of Lazarus because the
>> new
>>> properties are not streamed.
>>
>> I set defaults on all boolean properties of sqlscript, rev. 47412
>>
>> Strange, I thought that boolean properties were not streamed if they had
>> value 'false'.
>>

> No, cause their intended default value could be True. Thus no special
> handling for them.

You can of course say the same for all other types for which an implicit 'default'
is implemented. The more so because a class is initialized with 0 in which
case every enumerated and boolean will be ord(0) unless otherwise
initialized in the constructor.

So I don't see why this rule is not applied to all properties, I don't think
it is logical.

Michael.