[Lazarus] Default project ?

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Nov 19 00:24:11 CET 2020

On 18/11/2020 19:51, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:
> Especially since Lazarus crashes greatly if there is a problem with
> the last project and then it takes a detective to make it return to
> usable again since just restarting causes the same crash to occur
> again and again.
> Happened to me many times....

Lazarus is supposed to detect, if it crashed during the last startup
while opening the project. And at least in the few cases where I had
such crashes, the next start of the IDE has always prompt me, if I want
to open that project, or start with an empty one.

So if the repeated crash happens to you, then you are hitting 2 bugs at
once. And it would be really good if they could be reported in a
reproducible manner.

Btw, as a workaround (just thinking about): Move the project to a
different folder (just to start the IDE). If it can not be found, it can
not be opened, it can not crash.
=> Of course that does not solve the problem that eventually you do want
to open the project. But that is also not remedied by the IDE starting
with no project at all ( -np ).