[Lazarus] Issues with apps on Linux...

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 22:02:09 CET 2020

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 11:52 PM Bo Berglund via lazarus <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 22:08:39 +0200, Juha Manninen via lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
> >Once a user opens Firefox, it hogs more memory than any desktop, thus
> >overturning any benefits a minimal desktop might have given.
>
>  +1
> On Windows I have to regularly shut down all instances of FireFox with
> all of the tabs saved to a bookmark folder in order to clean up
> networking.
> It seems like FFx not only steals memory but also messes with
> networking so that it is like "pouring molasses" over it...
>
> Any ideas about transparent forms allowing look-through on Linux?
> Works in Windows, but...
>

> --
> Bo Berglund
> Developer in Sweden
>
> --

In Fedora with KDE , if you press the left mouse button when the cursor is
on the taskbar of a Lazarus form ( and all of the other open windows of
applications ) it becomes transparent to be sufficient to see the
underside  of it .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk