[Lazarus] Font ligatures support

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 2 22:48:12 CEST 2020

Am 02.10.2020 um 15:19 schrieb Martin Frb via lazarus:
> On 02/10/2020 05:54, Mr Bee via lazarus wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It seems Lazarus’ source editor still doesn’t support font ligatures.
>> I’d love to use them in Lazarus to increase the code readability as
>> I’ve used them in many other code editors (using other languages too).
>>
>> Some popular fonts for that are Fira Code and JetBrains Mono. I’ve
>> tried both of them with Lazarus editor but the ligatures don’t work.
>>
>> Is there any plan to support font ligatures in the near future? Or is
>> there any special setting to enable it?
>>

> Are they strictly monospaced?

Is there something that needs to be enabled to get ligatures working on
Windows? I'm using Microsoft's Cascadia Code for example in VS 2019
where ligatures work correctly, but in Lazarus nothing happens. The
ligatures have the same widths as the equal N characters (so the
ligature for <> has the same width as both characters together).

Regards,
Sven