[Lazarus] Font ligatures support

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Oct 3 16:24:03 CEST 2020

On 03/10/2020 12:03, Alexey Tor. via lazarus wrote:
> On 02.10.2020 23:48, Sven Barth via lazarus wrote:
>> Is there something that needs to be enabled to get ligatures working
>> on Windows?
>
> You need to use one of APIs which support it (afair, DrawTextW?) and
> output whole ligature, not char-by-char.

SynEdit currently uses ExtTextOutW
I don't know if that is good enough. Nor how different it is compared to
DrawTextW.

If replaced, the new function must be supported by all widgetsets.

Also, what ever function is used must currently support an "ETO" array.
That is for each char outputted, a width in Pixel can be given.
That is for example needed
- to enforce same width for Arabic text chars
- unicode chars of ambiguous width
- for fonts that are not strictly monospaced