[Lazarus] Win 7 issue / Re: -dWINDOWS_LIGATURE [[Re: Font ligatures support]]

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Oct 9 04:33:38 CEST 2020

It might be dead simple (at least I hope)

{$IFDEF WINDOWS_LIGATURE}
function GetCharacterPlacementW(hdc: HDC; lpString: LPCWSTR; nCount,
nMaxExtend: Integer; var lpResults: GCP_RESULTSW; dwFlags: DWORD):
DWORD; stdcall; external 'gdi32' name 'GetCharacterPlacementW';
{$ENDIF}

Add stdcall.

At least on win10 that makes 32bit working. Not booting up win 7 again.

I took the declaration from the windows units in fpc => which has some
wrongly typed params that I adjusted.
But it also does not have stdcall.