[Lazarus] Lazarus 2.0.10 corrupted by Win 10 crash, how to repair?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 09:16:21 CET 2020

Yesterday I was working on an application using Lazarus 2.0.20/fpc
3.2.0 on a Windows 10 notebook.
Suddenly Win10 decided to crash with a memory fault and restarted
itself.

But now Lazarus no longer works and when I inspected the config dir I
found that two files had been hosed (filled with NUL characters):

environmentoptions.xml
inputhistory.xml

All other files seem to be OK, so now I wonder what I can do to repair
my Lazarus installation?

Unlike on Linux this installation is created using the official
windows installer for Lazarus 2.0.10 so I do not really know how the
two files were created. On Linux I always install from SVN sources
using a script I created years ago and then I can backtrack there...

I tried to use files from my 2.0.8 installation after editing the
items pointing to locations in the 2.0.8 tree to instead point to
2.0.10, but that was not successful.

Grateful for any suggestions on how to fix this.

(I do not really want to start over from scratch after spending time
installing extra packages and customizations and the like).

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden