[Lazarus] How to reduce size of lazarus itself?

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Apr 9 21:18:02 CEST 2021

On 09/04/2021 20:53, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Apr 2021 07:51:35 +0200, Bo Berglund via lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>

>> But when I tried to do the same on my Windows Lazarus 2.0.8 it resulted in
>> Lazarus now starting up with ONLY the code editor window and the top Lazarus bar
>> visible!
>> All of the other windows I have adjusted around the code editor are gone!
>> No more Object inspector, Messages, Project Inspector, Code Explorer...
>>
>> How come they disappeared?

No idea.
None of the options should affect the config.

Maybe -O3 triggers a bug, or is buggy. Try with -O2 or -O1 instead. Or
try with fpc 3.2.2.

The -g- is the main factor in getting rid of the debug info.
The -O* is more about execution speed.

Mind I have not checked, but I believe the following should also work
(in case those options are enabled elsewhere)
-CR-r-i-o-t-   -Sa-
and
  -Si