[Lazarus] Mantis vs GitLab issue tracker

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Aug 13 22:07:09 CEST 2021

On 13/08/2021 21:01, Vojtěch Čihák via lazarus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it just my impression that Mantis was more feature rich an had better layout?
> An example: Mantis has "Reported by me".
>
> (I understand that new tracker is better wired with version system which is benefit for developers.)

Yes, indeed. Though some of it is what you are used to...

About monitoring, you can add "reactions" (emoticons /visible to others,
but so was monitoring).
Then you can search "my reaction"

About issues you monitored in Mantis:
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,55750.msg415076.html#msg415076

What is new in Gitlab...
* You can mention people, which afaik creates an entry in their todo.
* You can (un)subscribe per issue, to get mails
* As you said, better integration with the repro. Online links between
commits and issues.