[Lazarus] Mantis vs GitLab issue tracker

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Aug 16 09:13:18 CEST 2021

On Mon, 16 Aug 2021, LacaK via lazarus wrote:

>> is it just my impression that Mantis was more feature rich an had better
> layout?
>> An example: Mantis has "Reported by me".

You can find this in your 'issues' list?

> It is my impression too.
> I would like to see panels (like in
> https://gitlab.com/groups/freepascal.org/-/boards):
> - Reported by me (filter Author="my account")
> - Assigned to me (filter Asignee="my account")
> - Unassigned (filter Asignee=None)
> - (Resolved); here is sufficient for me list of recently changed issues
> as is there already
> In other words : is there way how to add custom boards based on above
> filters?

I can create new boards, but not with the filters you want.
There is no 'active user' filter. (i.e. "me" or so)

I can create lists filtered on label, assignee or milestone.

I could create a label 'unassigned' to filter on. but then we would need to apply that to
all new issues. This can be automated. Then I could use it to add an 'unassigned' list.
The label would need to be removed when a user is assigned to an issue. This
can probably also be automated.

They are working on a named filter system. When that exists, more things
will be possible:
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/14512

Michael.