[Lazarus] How to convert Delphi program with TRichEdit?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 21:44:59 CET 2021

I need to port an old Delphi program to FPC/Lazarus and it contains two
TRichEdit components.

When I try to open the form in Lazarus 2.0.12 on Windows 10 with Fpc 3.2.0 I get
an error because the TRichEdit component does not exist....

Is there some non-standard package I could install (from  OLPM or similar) in
order to get it working again?

I have a new laptop now and I have no new Delphi version installed (except for
Delphi 7 with the no-nonsense license). I am only using Fpc + Lazarus nowadays.

Another question while I am here:
---------------------------------

The form I have problems with is a special calculation sheet in one single form,
which is part of the source program.
But I only need to port this form into the new Lazarus program so I tried to
create a new program from scratch and intended to replace the default form as
the main form.
But I don't know really how to do this...

So How can I:

1) Replace the main form of a Lazarus program with another form?
or
2) Create a new program in Lazarus where I can specify an existing form as the
main program form.

Either of these will work, but I don't really know how to do any of them.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden