[Lazarus] How to convert Delphi program with TRichEdit?

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Thu Dec 9 17:30:34 CET 2021

El 9/12/21 a les 16:19, Bo Berglund via lazarus ha escrit:
> On Thu, 9 Dec 2021 16:01:01 +0100, Luca Olivetti via lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>> El 9/12/21 a les 15:05, Bo Berglund via lazarus ha escrit:
>>

>>> If not is there another Lazarus component that can be used?
>>
>> Maybe you could use TMPHexEditorEx
>>
>> https://github.com/michalgw/mphexeditor
>>

> I went there but I found no documentation...

there's a chm file (which I didn't use) and a couple of examples. Then
there's google, duckduckgo and other search engines.

> There is a doc/MPHexEditor.chm file but it does not display anything except
> headings on my Windows-10 PC...

Ah, Ok, as I didn't use it (I didn't even see it was there) I cannot
tell, I just used the examples and looked at the properties in the
object inspector.

> How can I use this?
>
> Notice that I do not want to *edit* any data just display them in a matrix where
> the bytes corresponding to a data item are highlighted.

It's up to you to check it out. If, by adjusting some properties, can do
what you want, good, if not you'll have to look for something else :-(

I can only say that it has some bugs: in my case, I tried to adjust the
BytesPerColumn property at design time and it made the form unloadable.
I just set it during FormShow and it's fine (for my needs).

Bye

--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007