[Lazarus] Can I configure Lazarus (or the project) to only add symbols on debug?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 21:01:05 CET 2021

I am constantly using strip -s to reduce the size of the application binary and
now I wonder if there is a way to make Lazarus NOT include the symbols in the
first place?

It seems like these are only used when debugging and that is started by clicking
the green arrow button, so Lazarus should be able to figure out when the symbols
are needed (for debug) and not add them when not needed...

The reason I have for finding a way to do this is that the binary will be added
to version control and then it may happen that one forgets the strip -s step
before committing the state, thus sending an overly bloated binary into
subversion.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden