[Lazarus] Faster than popcnt [[Re: UTF8LengthFast returning incorrect results on AARCH64 (MacOS)]]

Marco van de Voort fpc at pascalprogramming.org
Thu Dec 30 14:43:19 CET 2021

On 30-12-2021 14:17, John Landmesser via lazarus wrote:
> Perhaps usefui test information from my PC: 77

Compile with -O4 -Cpcoreavx2 , the others (non asm) will become faster,
my guess is  "add" will be about double of asm.

Also, on windows "high performance" as power scheme.  On non windows try
to disable power saving for a short while another way. If the first and
second runs deviate it is probably the CPU throttling up.