[Lazarus] Lazarus configuration - portable between versions?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 15:56:01 CET 2021

On Sat, 6 Feb 2021 13:25:06 +0200, Juha Manninen via lazarus

>On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 1:00 PM Bo Berglund via lazarus <
>lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>> By looking inside the file on my old installationm I see clearly that this
>> is
>> not the file I can modify, lots of version dependent paths inside...
>>

>What paths are version dependent?

It seems like in my Windows installation there are more of these than on Linux,
probably dependent on the usage (I use mostly Windows and here I do not build
fpc/lazarus from sources).

Here is the Linux case:

So in the environmentoptions.xml file there are a "lot" of items (5):
    <Version Value="110" Lazarus="2.0.8"/>
    <LazarusDirectory Value="../dev/lazarus/2.0.8">
      <History Count="3">
        <Item1 Value="../dev/lazarus/2.0.8/"/>
        <Item2 Value="../dev/lazarus/2.0.6/"/>
        <Item3 Value="/home/bosse/dev/lazarus/2.0.6/"/>
      </History>
    </LazarusDirectory>
    <LastCalledByLazarusFullPath Value="/home/bosse/dev/lazarus/2.0.8/lazarus"/>

But in .lazarus_2.0.8/editoroptions.xml I found only this:

<CodeTools CodeTemplateFileName="/home/bosse/.lazarus_2.0.6/lazarus.dci"
CompletionLongLineHintTypeCompletionLongLineHintType="sclpExtendRightOnly"/>

Apparently I have copied the file and the path now point into the wrong pcp
directory....

It looks on closer inspection that History and Recent sections in en
vironmentoptions.xml contain paths including version numbers.
But I guess I can disregard these or even remove them...

But as I wrote above I have found taht the editoroptions.xml is the one holding
the customizations of the editor so I copied it and modified the path inside
the <CodeTools CodeTemplateFileName= item
Then I used it and it seemed to work.

It would be nice to be able to import editor settings directly inside Lazarus,
though...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden